Sunday, March 06, 2011

I am just wondering, letting this thought roll around in my mind.

Mark 3:14 says Jesus chose 12 disciples "that they might be with him."

It is the "be with him" part that stood out to me. I think he was going to be shaping them and teaching them to lead his church. I also think it was a sort of hands-on mentorship that he initiated.

But I also wonder if, maybe, he wanted to just have some good friends around. Maybe that seem trivial in the light of the great work he was accomplishing--saving all humanity.

Still, I like to think Jesus understood my need for a friend. What do you think?

1 comment:

Rick W. said...

So I asked MY 8yr old what Lent meant to her. "It means you have to give up something you like. I'm giving up coffee. I was going to give up sugar, but that's in EVERYTHING."